Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Growing up so fast!


I can't blink or I'll miss something new with you! You are just a big bundle of energy and all you want to do is stand, walk, run...but you just haven't figured it all out yet. You're so axious to get to things, but too frustrated to take the small steps (like learning to crawl) so you just roll. Roll roll roll. It's adorable. You can get up on your arms and sometimes your knees, too, but then you only push yourself backwards.

You're doing great at balancing yourself, otherwise. You know how to put your arm out to the side if you start to topple while sitting. Your stomach is flat and your abs are strong because you spend so much time reaching, pulling, and trying to get yourself in an upright position. You can do it pretty well as long as you're not perfectly flat. An incline helps you help yourself. I know it won't be long before you're crawling, walking, and even running because I can see the ambition in your eyes (and the energy in your ever-kicking legs).

I love how you hold a fistful of my hair against your face when you're getting your bedtime bottle. To think I was going to get a hair cut! Nope...not as long as you do that. I cherish our sweet time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment