Monday, March 9, 2009

Bad Mom

I feel like a bad mom. I really wanted to keep an on-going blog about Ryker's development and as often as I thought about it, I was never sitting in front of the computer when the thought occured. And here we are now a family of four and a month has already sped by with not a word about Kendyll. So here is where I resolve to be a better parent and keep better tabs on the kids - for our record, their record, and anyone else who cares to venture a peek into our crazy life.

The last post before this was in September. At this point, at 13 months+, Ryker has eight front teeth (4 up and down) and 3 molars. And by the current state of his crabbiness, I think he has molar #4 coming in as well. He pretty much eats whatever we eat, although he doesn't tolerate really spicy or greasy foods well. Ryker took his first steps at a day shy of 11 months old and quickly adapted to the upright mode of travel. Now he practically runs everywhere. We cannot wait to get him outside this spring and really see him go!

He's still not much of a talker - just babbling mostly, but he does this mumbled talk much like a ventriloquist, that makes me think he is talking in his own way. After I said "I love you" to him yesterday, it sounded like he said it back only he had his mouth closed so it was mumbled. I think he's practicing his talking "internally" and when he feels he's ready to share his voice, he will just open his mouth.

Kendyll will be one month old tomorrow already! Ryker really seems to like his little sister. From the beginning he's smiled whenever he sees her. When we ask, "Where's Kendyll?" he looks around for her. When she cries he looks for her, as well. When she's in her swing, Ryker will try to help her swing by pushing the chair back and forth. The only problem with that is his version of swinging is a bit more violent than we'd like. He loves to touch her face and pat her head (like he does with the dogs) but again, it's a bit more forceful than she's comfortable with. Obviously supervision is always necessary when Ryker is around Kendyll. There will be a day before the end of this year where they will probably be able to play together without constant supervision. It's amazing that is even going to happen this year...amazing how fast they grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment