Happy Birthday, buddy. You have come so far! Since the minute you were born, you were holding your head up and looking around. After getting over how cold it was "out here," you must have decided to conquer it as soon as possible! You have absolutely blown us away at how fast you're developing.
You have been so hungry since you were born. I tried giving you rice cereal at 2 months old in hopes it would satisfy you longer than an hour. I did not expect you to take it because everything I read said that any baby younger than 4-6 months just wouldn't be able to take food from a spoon. Well, you had absolutely no problem with it! In fact, you loved it so much that you'd go after the spoon with your mouth while making a primitive grunting sound. Now you've graduated to the pureed food I make for you and you grab my hand and pull it toward your face while opening your mouth for that food. This all means, too, that you're growing at an astonishing rate! We always knew you were going to be tall, but you're completely off the charts in height and weight. Right now you're unofficially 20 pounds and 28" - that's what I get at home; your official weigh in is next week at the pediatrician. That's the size of a 1 year old!
Maybe you know that and that's why you're so ambitious to develop right before our eyes. You hate tummy time, which promotes neck and back strength so you can roll over and sit up. So we've been bad about putting you on your tummy for long. Doesn't matter to you, I guess. You already have it in your head that you're going to get going with or without us. One day last week you were on your tummy crying, the next day you figured out how to prop yourself up on your elbows. And yesterday you held your own really well while sitting up! Forget about rolling over - next thing I know you're going to be walking!!
It's exciting for us to watch you develop, but it's also going so fast. I feel so blessed that I get to work from home so I can be here for you. And right now your dad works nights, so he plays with you all afternoon. Overall, you're a pretty happy kid so we're doing something right. :)
My favorite thing that you do right now (among many) is wrap your warm, soft fingers around one of my fingers when you're drinking from a bottle. You're still sleeping next to me at night in the bassinet and sometimes when you seem to be having trouble staying asleep I reach over and you grab one of my fingers and we fall asleep together hand-in-hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment